Coir Udyami Yojana Details Online
- Eligibility for Coir Udyami Yojana
- Objectives for Coir Udyami Yojana
- Subsidy Details of Coir Udyami Yojana
- Documents Required for Coir Udyami Yojana
- How to Apply for Coir Udyami Yojana
- Coir Udyami Yojana Application Status Check
Government of India had launched a scheme called as Coir Udyami Yojana(CUY). It is a credit-linked subsidy scheme to establish coir units as the coir industry is an evolving industry in India. Numerous factories produce various coir products especially in the southern parts of India . The coir industries have a separate Coir Board to enhance its production and promote the products in the global market. The Coir Board implement the Coir Udyami Yojana scheme through the central government to assist micro and small-scale industries in the coir industry.
Coir Udyami Yojana is a credit linked subsidy scheme for various coir industries for setting up of coir units with a project cost up to Rs.10 Lakhs along with one cycle of working capital, which shall not exceed 25% of the project cost. Objectives, Eligibility, subsidy benefits and Application procedure of Coir Udyami Yojana is discussed in this article.
Eligibility for Coir Udyami Yojana
- Applicant should be a citizen of India.
- Applicant’s age should be 18 years or above.
- Under this scheme, A project that cost up to Rs.10 Lakhs along with one cycle of working capital, which shall not exceed 25% of the project cost is eligible.
- This scheme can be availed only for the projects that come under coir sector that manufacture coir fiber/yarn products.
- Under this scheme, There is no income ceiling to set up the project.
- Individuals, Companies, Non-Governmental Organizations, Self Help groups, Institutions registered under Societies Registration Act 1860, Production Co-operative Societies, Joint Liability Groups and Charitable Trust are eligible to apply.
- The Projects that have already availed subsidy under any other Scheme of Government of India or State Government for the same purpose are not eligible to claim the subsidy of this scheme.
Objectives of Coir Udyami Yojana
- Modern technology will be used in production and processing of coir and coir products.
- Updates will be used in the production and processing technology for improving the productivity, quality and product diversification;
- To increase the efficiency and productivity for enhancing the wages of the workers engaged in the sector.
- To enhance the utilization of coconut husk and for increasing the production of coir fiber and coir products.
- To generate employment opportunities in the rural areas of the States /Union Territories that are producing coconut.
- To provide more employment opportunities for women in the rural areas for women empowerment.
- Enhancing the socio-economic conditions of the producers/workers working for the industry.
- To contribute for inclusive growth of vulnerable sections of beneficiaries especially those belonging to SC, ST and North Eastern Region (NER);
- A Sufficient training will be given to the youth of rural region of the coconut producing States with an eye on attracting them to the fold of coir sector.
- Financial assistance will be given to provide backward/forward linkages to the unit holders under the Scheme.
Subsidy details of Coir Udyami Yojana
- Coir Udyami Yojana offers subsidy which will be computed by not considering working capital component.
- A Subsidy of 40% will be provided by Government of India to the project.
- 55% from the total cost of the project can be taken as the loan from the Bank.
- 5% will be the contribution of beneficiary to the project
Along with the subsidy Marketing Support Assistance will be given to the beneficiaries of Coir Udyami Yojana
- For providing financial assistance for establishing Marketing Consortium.
- For reimbursement of expenditure incurred for participation in fairs/exhibitions
- For reimbursement of salary of personnel employed in the Consortium
- For hiring showroom spaces.
Documents Required for Coir Udyami Yojana
Applicants need to scan and upload the following documents along with the application. Photograph is the Only mandatory attachment in Online Application. If You are not submitting the documents through Online, You can send the documents to the Regional Office along with the Print Out of the Application.
- Aadhar Card Copy
- MSME Registration Certificate
- Community Certificate ( In case of SC/ST)
- Company Registration Certificate ( If not individual)
- Training certificate
- Project Report
- Title deed
- Plan & Estimate
- Machinery Invoice
How to Apply for Coir Udyami Yojana
Step 1 : New Login Registration
- Those who are interested and have the above listed eligibility can apply online by going to the official website or click here for Coir Udyami Yojana Online Application.
- Enter the applicant’s name and Aadhaar Card number.
- Enter your active Email address and mobile number for receiving messages from the Coir Board.
- Select a security questions from the drop down list and enter a answer.
- Enter a username that you can remember which should be provided during login.
- Enter security pin that is displayed in the image and click on confirm button.
- You will receive your username and password by email as well as by SMS.
Step 2 : Submit Beneficiary Registration
- Go to the Link for Coir Udyami Yojana Registration
- Click on Apply now link you can see a pop up.
- Enter username, password, Security pin and click on sign in.
- Immediately you will be asked to set a new password and confirm.
- You will be automatically asked to re-login with new credentials.
- After successful login, an Application for Coir Udayami Scheme with two Parts will be opened.
- Enter common details related to the beneficiary.
- Expand the link + Beneficiary Registration by clicking on the + symbol.
- After completing Beneficiary registration, the beneficiary will get a beneficiary registration Number.
Step 3 : Select Coir Udyami Yojana and Submit the Application
- Expand the Link +Coir Udyami Yojana by clicking on the + symbol.
- Fill up the Details and submit the Form
- Take the Print Out of the Application and Send it to The Regional Office Address link given, Along with all Relevant Documents.
Coir Udyami Yojana Application Status Check
- You can check your Application status at any time by Login to your Home Page with username and password.
- Select the Application Status Link under the + Coir Udyami Yojana Menu Item
Application status can also be checked through My CoirMobile App. By Giving Beneficiary Registration number and CUY registration number Application Status can be viewed.