Delhi Free Wifi scheme Details online
AAP party had made several promises to be done if the party comes to the power. So, After there success in the elections there made the government and approved one of the promise that is Free WiFi. Free Wifi scheme is approved in public places in Delhi by the state cabinet committee. This is the largest wifi project to be planned and implemented. It is expected that the execution of the scheme would be done within 3 to 4 months. Through this Delhi Free Wifi scheme, citizens of Delhi can avail free Wifi service at public places by which the Delhi public can access to the internet network when ever needed and where ever needed in the Delhi. The motto of Delhi Free Wifi scheme is to provide free Wifi service to people of the state at public places.
On successful implementation of free wifi in the first phase, state government will take initiative to setup more hotspots by covering more areas in the coming years. The fund for free wifi will be done by the vendor and the scheme will be run on operating expense model. The Wifi hotspots will be connected with CCTV cameras for security and safety of the State. By implementing the Free Wifi scheme, Delhi will be first among all metropolitan cities to have almost 10000 hotspot connection in public places. There may be more CCTVs in other cities of india but Delhi will be the first city where the government is installing nearly three lakh CCTVs at one go to provide a major push to infrastructure.
Benefits of Delhi Free Wifi scheme
- The internet services will be available to citizens of Delhi on free of cost.
- The Residents of Delhi need not worry to pay there internet bills to get the access to the network.
- Each and every citizen without compering there financial status can access to the wifi network.
- Also among 1.4 lakh CCTV cameras will also be installed throughout the city. In which the Delhi residents can get safety and security.
- Free internet access will be available through 11000 hotspots that will be set up in the city.
- The free internet access will be available to the user within 50 meters radius for free.
- There is a restriction in the usage data that is up to 15GB data per month with as high as 200 mbps.
- The city bus queue shelters will have 4000 hotspots that will be set up. 100 hotspots will be set up in common places like clinics, parks and other public areas.
- There is also a limit of user access to each hotspot, that is 150 to 200 users can get internet connection.
- Safety measures has also been taken to check overuse and restrict misuse of internet.
How to get Delhi Free Wifi connection
- First among all a person should have electronic gadgets with an access to the Wifi connection. Usually every citizen has the potential to use android phones and other gadgets.
- Be in a required range that is with in 50 meters from the hotspot area or public area in which the hotspot had been fixed.
- Turn on the hotspot on your mobile or other gadget that is available to access the wifi.
- You will get the notification of the hotspot device, connect to the device.
- The hotspot will ask your mobile number and email id to verify.
- After entering the details you will receive a code to your mobile number to enter for verification.
- Enter the code then you will be welcomed to use the free wifi network.
- Remember that there is a restriction in the data usage that is up to 15GB per month with as high as 200 mbps.
As the Delhi Free Wifi Scheme is just initiated, the implementation of the scheme that is fixing the hotspot near public areas could take 3 to 4 months. The government will also release related notifications of the projects along with the manual to how to use the Delhi Free Wifi. We will give every information regarding the scheme follow the article for more updates.