Telangana Crop Insurance Scheme for PMFBY and RWBCIS
Telangana Crop Insurance Notification for Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) and Restructured Weather Based Crop Insurance Scheme (RWBCIS) through which crops will get insurance in 32 districts during Kharif and Rabi 2019-20 season. Government of Telangana had already notified crops and areas for the successful implementation of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) and Restructured Weather Based Crop Insurance Scheme (RWBCIS) in 32 districts during Kharif and Rabi 2019-20 season.
The Farmers residing in Telangana state can now optain Unified Package Insurance Scheme (UPIS) as a part of the PM Fasal Bima Yojana and RWBCIS Scheme. UPIS Scheme will provide accidental insurance coverage to policy holders. The official launch of the UPIS Scheme in Telangana will be implemented Nizamabad district on a pilot basis. IFFCO Tokyo General Insurance Company Limited and Agriculture Insurance Company of India had selected to implement the insurance scheme for the farmers of Telangana.
Government of Telangana has issued 3 orders on 3rd May 2019 to provide guidelines for implementation of PMFBY & RWBCIS schemes. As per these orders, the state government had fixed fresh cut off dates for different crops to be cultivated during Kharif and Rabi season this year.
Under the scheme PMFBY, all farmers including sharecroppers and tenant farmers growing the notified crops in the notified areas are eligible for coverage. It aims at providing cover to farmers incurring loss in crop yield which may occur during sowing or harvesting or post harvesting period. This scheme also covers localized losses for certain perils with farm level assessment.
Telangana Crop Insurance Scheme coverage
- PMFBY scheme crop insurance coverage would be provided to crops of rice, black gram, jowar, soyabean, maize, groundnut, red gram, turmeric and green gram for Kharif season.
- PMFBY scheme crop insurance coverage would be provided to rice, bengal gram, jowar, groundnut, maize, sunflower, green gram, red chilli, black gram, onion and sesame for Rabi Season.
- Similar to this, red chilli, cotton, oil palm, sweet orange and tomato during Kharif 2019.
- There would be mango and tomato crops under RWBCIS where tomato crop would be implemented in Rangareddy and Adilabad districts on pilot basis.
Telangana Crop Insurance Scheme
The crop insurance coverage in Telangana State would be provided for loss of crop due to hailstorm, cloud burst and natural fire. Telangana Government has advised insurance companies to enroll 10% more non-loan farmers than the corresponding season. There had raised the time period to update about there loss of crop damage from 48 hours to 72 hours. The farmers can now intimate crop damage due to localized calamities within 72 hours time period, instead of previous deadline of 48 hours. For more updates and details of Telangana Crop Insurance Notification for PMFBY and RWBCIS Contact Person Felix Sagayaraj, Shashi, Contact Address H No. 3-1-, City Center, Shop No. 7,7/A, 1st Floor, Sawaran Street,Karimnagar, Telangana 505001, Contact Numbers 9900041345, 8105412415.
Telangana Crop Insurance Scheme notified Crops in respective districts
- Jagtial: Rice, Green Gram (Moong), Maize (Makka) , Pigeon Pea (Red Gram/Arhar/Tur), Soybean (Bhat) , Turmeric, Cotton ( Kapas), Red chilli.
- Jangaon:- Rice, Green Gram (Moong), Maize (Makka) , Pigeon Pea (Red Gram/Arhar/Tur), Cotton ( Kapas), Red chilli.
- Karimnagar:- Rice, Maize (Makka), Rice, Maize (Makka).
- Peddapalli:- Rice, Maize (Makka), Cotton ( Kapas).
- Rajanna Siricilla: Rice, Maize (Makka), Cotton ( Kapas).
Incoming search terms:
- krushi yojana 2019 telangana