Delhi Scholarship Scheme Details Online
- Benefits of Delhi Scholarship Scheme
- Eligibility of Delhi Scholarship Scheme
- Delhi Scholarship Amount based on Income
- Documents required for Delhi Scholarship Scheme
- How to Apply for Delhi Scholarship Scheme
Education for all is the motto of the Delhi government. To improve the literacy rate of the state the government had issued a new scheme for the residents of the state that is Delhi Scholarship Scheme. Now a days educating a child is a big burden to poor families, because of the fee structure of the schools and colleges. Mainly below poverty line families could not afford their child for higher education because of the huge fees to pay by which they leave their studies in between. Through this scheme the meritorious students will be provided with incentive for education.
It is expected that the scheme will be implemented by the particular department of education. The children of poor families will be the beneficiaries of the scheme. The plan of the scheme is done by chief minister of Delhi Mr. Arvind Kejriwal and the Deputy chief Minister Manish sisodia had announced the scheme details. The scholarship amount will be based on the family annual income criteria of the student. Benefits, Eligibility criteria, Scholarship amount criteria and application procedure details are discussed in this article.
Benefits of Delhi Scholarship Scheme
- The poor students can continue there higher education without feeling the burden to pay the fee.
- The meritorious students belonging to below poverty line can be able to pay tuition fees or college fees because of the support of the Delhi state Government Scholarship scheme.
- Based on the family annual income criteria of the student the scholarship amount will be issued by the Delhi government. They had announced to divide the scholarship to students and girl students into 2 categories and it will be determined based on the family annual income. The scholarship amount will be ranged from 50% to 100% .
- Among these the government had also announced the CBSC Exam Fee Waiver. In this the examination fee charged by the authority of CBSC will also be waived.
- Through this scheme, the government had also given the possibility for a student to enroll in the bank to take education loans up to Rs 10 lakh. There have also announced that there will be no interest while repaying the loan and the time period of repaying the loan amount would be 15 years by which the candidate can repay the loan amount to the bank easily.
- This scheme will make the literacy rate to improve along with the improvement in the personal and professional life of a beneficiary.
- The amount of scholarship issued by the government of Delhi and education loan that is granted by the Bank will be directly deposited in the bank account of the student.
Eligibility of Delhi Scholarship Scheme
- The student must be a resident of Delhi.
- The student must be from below poverty line group.
- The Annual family income of the student must be below Rs. 6 lakh to avail the beneficiary of the scheme.
- The student should enroll to the college/Institution to get the admissible benefits.
- The student should have his/her own bank account to get the scholarship amount to be deposited directly to the bank account.
Delhi Scholarship Amount based on Income
Below are the details of the scholarship amount in percentage that will be issued by the Delhi government based on the Annual family income Criteria of the students
- Families with income below Rs 1 lakh will be issued with the 100% amount through scholarship.
- Families with income between Rs 1 lakh and 2.5 lakh will be issued with 50%.
- Households with income between Rs 2.5 lakh and Rs 6 lakh will also get 50%.
Documents required for Delhi Scholarship Scheme
- Residence certificate
- Proof of Identity
- Income Certificate.
- Education Certificates (Mark-sheet of the final Examination).
- College Admission Documents along with the fee structure of the college.
- Bank account details of the student.
How to Apply for Delhi Scholarship Scheme
There are many people who wish to pursue their higher education, but could not get it done because of the heavy burden of the fees. The problem for the solution is the Delhi scholarship scheme were the interested student can enroll himself for pursuing higher education. The Registration procedure of the Delhi Scholarship scheme has not yet released. Hopefully the plan of the scheme and the implementation of the scheme will be done with care, so that only the needy and poor candidates can get the scholarship amount for there education. We will update you regarding the details of Delhi Scholarship Scheme immediately after the release of the official notification.