WB Bangla Shashya Bima Scheme Details Online
- Benefits of WB Bangla Shashya Bima Scheme
- Eligibility for WB Bangla Shashya Bima Scheme
- Required Documents for Bangla Shashya Bima Scheme
- Districts covered for WB Bangla Shashya Bima
- How to Apply for Bangla Shashya Bima
A farmer duty is the toughest work to do in the agriculture. The government of West Bengal had noticed it and decided to introduce a new scheme for farmers and named it as Bangla Shashya Bima Scheme. The motto of the yojana is to facilitate insurance for the crops especially for the Kharif season. The West Bengal Government had decided to launch the scheme in phases manner. The first phase the scheme will be applicable for 15 districts of the state and in the second phase they will increase the number of the districts.
Bangla Shashya Bima Scheme (BSB) is a scheme for farmers that was launched by Chief minister Mamata Banerjee. The plan and implementation of the scheme will be Supervised by Agriculture Department of West Bengal. It will be launched with collaboration of Agriculture Insurance Company of India. The farmers do not need to pay any premium amount to get the beneficiary of the scheme. The state government will pay the premium amount of the crop on behalf of the farmer. The beneficiary of the scheme that is the insurance will be covered in four stages. The amount to be provided as the beneficiary will be calculated as per the fertile field that the farmer have in hectare.
Benefits of WB Bangla Shashya Bima Scheme
- The crop insurance scheme for the farmers will be executed with collaboration of Agriculture Insurance Company of India.
- Farmer need not worry to pay the premium for the crop insurance it will be paid by the state government.
- Crops covered for insurance are Aman paddy, Aus paddy, jute and maize, Bajra and Oilseeds, Wheat, Annual Commercial /Annual Horticultural crops and Other crops like cereals, millet and pulses.
- Through Bangla Shashya Bima Yojana, the farmers will get the insurance money in 4 stages in 4 circumstances.
- The four circumstances are loss that happens at the time of plantation, cultivation, loss after cutting the crops and loss due to unfavorable weather condition.
- The insurance money will be calculated on the basis of the land that the farmer want to cultivate on hectare basis.
- This scheme will overcome the financial crisis of the farmer belonging to poor and EWS.
- It will improve the financial conditions of farmers and to improve their livelihood.
- They will be a reduction in the suicide rate of farmers which occurs when farmers get loss in their agriculture because of falling into the debt trap.
- A premium subsidy of 100% applies to the small and Marginal farmers. Premium bonus will be phased out in a period of 5 year by analyzing the result and the reply of the farmer.
Eligibility for WB Bangla Shashya Bima Scheme
- Applicant must be a farmer and should be a permanent resident of the state West Bengal.
- All the farmers taking loans are eligible to apply for Bangla Shasya Bima Scheme.
- Non-loanee farmers growing notified crops are also eligible to apply for the Scheme.
- The farmer who want to cultivate there fertile land is only eligible to apply.
Required Documents for Bangla Shashya Bima Scheme
- Proof of Identity like PAN, Aadhaar Card, Driving License, Voter Identity Card, etc.
- Proof of Residence like PAN Card, Valid Passport, Utility bill, or any proof with address.
- Bank account details
- One passport size photograph
- Land Documents along with measurements of the fertile land.
- Details of existing loans and repayment track records
- The insurance coverage will be done only after facing damage of crops so damage claims documents should be provided for availing the insurance of the scheme.
Districts covered for WB Bangla Shashya Bima
As this is the new scheme plan the officials will implement the scheme in 2 phases. The first phase of the scheme plan will be executed in the following 15 districts and other districts will be covered in the second phase of the plan.
- Purba Bardhaman
- Paschim Bardhaman
- Purba Medinipur
- Cooch Behar
- Dakshin Dinajpur
- North 24 Parganas
- South 24 Parganas.
How to Apply for Bangla Shashya Bima
As the plan of the Bima scheme was done and launched by the government, the implementation process will be done by the particular department officials. The officials will launch a portal officially for making online registrations. If the farmers could not understand to register online some officials will help to make the registration by taking the relevant data and the documents from the applicants. As this is the fist phase the applications will be allowed only from the 15 districts that are mentioned above. Other districts of the state will be covered in the 2nd phase of the scheme.
The West Bengal government believes that the crop insurance will help the farmers and improve there livelihood. This will improve the financial condition of the farmer along with the growth in the crop production. Also this scheme will encourage the youth farmers to select the profession of agriculture without hesitation of loss. As this is a very usable scheme the officials are going to execute the scheme plan without dispute. The Notification, application procedure and every other information updates related to West Bengal Bangla Shashya Bima yojana will be made available in this article.
Incoming search terms:
- bangla shasya bima track application Id
- bangla shasya bima
- bangla shasya bima status