AP YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme 2019-20 Details Online
- Benefits of YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme
- YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme Plan Dates 2019-20
- Eligibility for AP YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme
- Required Documents for YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme
- How to Apply for YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme
YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme was launched by CM of Andhra Pradesh state. This scheme will elevate the health care sectorby attaining free eye checkup and surgeries. The scheme was announced on September 2019 where as the official launch was done on 10th October 2019. All the residents of the Andhra Pradesh will get the beneficiaries of YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme for the year 2019-20 in the phase manner. The implementation of the scheme will be done under the Supervision of Medical and Health Department Of Andhra Pradesh.
Benefits of YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme
- YSR Kanti velugu scheme as the name refers it will ensure for the safety of eyes the people suffering with eye problems will get proper treatment.
- Due to lack of money, people are not focusing on there eye health. Recognizing the importance of eye health the government through this scheme will provide Free eye testing for citizens of the state. This opportunity to get their eyes tested will be for free of cost.
- After the eye test, those patients who are suffering with lack of vision will be provided with spectacles by which there will be improvement in the eye vision of the patient. The Eye glass distribution will also be done by the state Government for free of cost.
- If the patient is suffering with severe eye problems by which it could be solved with Ocular surgeries then the state government along with the help of non-profit organizations and eye institutes like LV Prasad Eye Institute, Arvind Eye Hospitals, Asram Medical College and Shankara Eye Foundation will arrange for the operations.
- The estimated expenditure for the procurement of eye testing camps, eye glass distribution, ocular surgeries, drugs, equipment, material and staff is Rs.560.89 crores . This total expenditure includes 60% contribution of shares by the AP Govt and rest of 40% shares by the Central Govt.
- The entire population of the state will get the benefits of the scheme. As per the reports around 5.3 crore people from all age groups will be included in this scheme.
- The Implementation of the scheme will be divided into two distinct stages. The eye screening test of the school children will be completed during the first stage. Doctors will do the check up for standard one to standard ten from 10th October, 2019 and this phase will be completed within a week.
- The second phase commence from 1st November and it will last for two months. During this stage, the children suffering with serious eye problems will be subjected to more clinical examinations.
- The second stage of implementation of the scheme will be done from 1st February 2020. The second stage will be segmented in four distinct phases with six months of time span. So the second implementation stage will continue till 2022.
YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme Plan Dates 2019-20
- Date of launch of program : 10th October 2019
- Primary basic screening of school children (Phase-I) : 10th October 2019 to 16th October 2019
- Completion of data uploading : 17th October 2019
- Secondary screening & Prescription of Glasses (Phase- II) : 1st November 2019 to 31st December 2019
- Primary Mass Eye Screening of the community (Phase- III) : 1st February 2020 to 15th February 2020
- Secondary Mass screening & Prescription of Glasses (Phase- IV) : 1st February 2020 to 31st December 2020
- Surgeries for Cataract Cases in Government Hospitals & Tertiary Eye Care management at Teaching Hospitals including Regional Eye Hospitals (Phase- V) : 1st February 2020 to 31st January 2022
Eligibility for AP YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme
- All the citizens residing in the state of Andhra Pradesh are eligible.
- There is no age bar, there is no upper age limit every individual can get the scheme benefit.
- Citizens belonging to any caste and religions can get these scheme medical benefits.
- Interested candidates belonging to any of the financial group will be equally treated for the free eye scanning.
- Those people who don’t had capability to get an eye glasses or surgery will be listed to get free eyeglasses and surgery facilities.
Required Documents for YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme
- Proof of Address
- Aadhaar card (for primary eye Test)
- Income Certificate (opting for the surgery)
How to Apply for YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme
The State Govt want to make the scheme to be compatible for each and every citizen of the State. The Beneficiaries of the scheme will be available to every person without discriminating by Age group, Caste or religion or by financial status of the individual. The Govt want to make the implementation clear so that even a uneducated person can get the scheme benefits. The total responsibility to cover all the state citizens to get the free Eye screening test is given to the Medical and Health Department officials.
In the First stage the Govt will cover all the students by reaching the schools. The doctors will visit the schools to make the eye checkup for the students. In the second stage the doctors will visit the nearby centers in the district. The citizens residing in the state will be informed by the officials to visit the particular center to make the eye screening test. The implementation plan dates of the scheme in the phases manner is given in the table above. The eye testing will be done for free of cost so every interested person will get a chance to make the screening test. The Andhra Pradesh Government is inviting every citizen residing in the state to get the beneficiary of the scheme. We will update you regarding the AP YSR Kanti Velugu scheme through this article.