A Scheme Named PM Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojana is launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 22nd January 2019. It is Beneficial for World Wide NRI. PM Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojana will be for Non Residential Indian (NRI ) Religious Tour in India. The Indian government will bear basic expenses of beneficiary under the PM Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojana. If you are between the age limit of 45 to 65 year old NRI citizen then you are an eligible candidate to apply for PM Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojana .
The main objective of the Prime minster NRI Religious Tour Scheme is to promote religious tourism under the country. This would enable Non Resident Indians (NRIs) to learn about the culture and religion of the country. Moreover, this scheme is also going to promote tourism which is a major contributor to gross domestic product (GDP) of India.
NRI Religious Tour Scheme
The Government of India has announced the Religious tour scheme for Non Residential Indian senior citizens among the age group of 45 to 65 years. The PM Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojana is a 25 days nationwide tour program. In the 1st phase of Pravasi Tirth Darshan Yojana, 40 people of Indian diaspora had already started taking religious tour. The NRI Citizens of worldwide may apply under the NRI Religious Tour Scheme. For this PM Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojana much preference will be given to Girmitiya countries’ such as Mauritius, Fiji, Suriname, Guyana, Trinidad and Tobago, and Jamaica.
Objectives Of PM Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojana
- To promote the religious tourism under the country.
- To promote the Indian culture and religion worldwide.
- T0 play a major role in promoting spiritual places of India.
- To promote tourism which is a major contributor to gross domestic product (GDP) of India.
- To make people understand about the strength of India which is “Unity in Diversity”.
Features of PM Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojana
- The group will be taken to the religious places of all major religions in India.
- NRI Religious Tour is a 25 days program.
- A group of Indian diaspora will be taken on a government-sponsored tour of religious places in India twice a year under Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojana 2019
- The tour would be completely sponsored by the Government, it will bear all the expenses including the airfare from their country of residence.
- Those people of Indian-origin who aged between 45 and 65 can apply and a group will be selected out of them.
- The first preference will be given to people from ‘Girmitiya countries’ such as Mauritius, Fiji, Suriname, Guyana, Trinidad and Tobago and Jamaica.
- The application will be accepted through online only.
Application Procedure for PM Pravasi Teerth Darshan Scheme
The citizens who are interested to participate in this scheme of PM Pravasi Teerth Darshan yojana should first check for the eligibility criteria. If you are satisfied with the prescribed eligibility then you can apply through online mode. The Step by step application process for this yojana will be updated immediately after the official release of the application dates.