Gram Samridhi Yojana 2019 Details Online
Gram Samridhi Yojana for Unorganized Food Processing Sector Eligibility, Registration Process, Benefits are discussed below.
- Eligibility for Gram Samridhi Yojana
- Benefits of Gram Samridhi Yojana
- How to Apply for Gram Samridhi Yojana
Gram Samridhi Yojana is launched by the Central Government for Unorganized Food Processing Sector. The main objective of this scheme is for doubling farmers income & provide employment opportunities in rural areas, maximum capital of subsidy is Rs.10 lakh along with interest subsidy in case of loans for food processing sector. Central government is also going to help cottage industry, farmer producer’s organization and individual food processors. The moto of Gram Samridhi Yojana is to increase capacity, Upgrading technology, skill improvement, entrepreneurship development and strengthening of farm to market supply chain.
Gram Samridhi Yojana 2019 will be implemented by the Ministry of Food Processing Industries of India. This Gram Samridhi Yojana in the year 2019 is going to boost the unorganized food processing sector concentrated in rural areas. The officials had noticed that around 66% of the unorganized food processing units are in rural areas and 80% are family run. Gram Samridhi Yojana is a 3,000 crore scheme which is to be funded by the World Bank. Niti Aayog has already given in-principle approval to the Gram Samridhi Scheme and the proposal of this scheme is given to the Expenditure Finance Committee for clearance.
Eligibility for Gram Samridhi Yojana
- Applicant should be a Citizen of India.
- All the food processing units or individual players can apply for the subsidy.
Benefits of Gram Samridhi Yojana
- The central government has decided to launch Gram Samridhi Scheme to encourage cottage and small enterprise to process local produce, package and market it.
- The main objective of this scheme is for doubling farmers income & provide employment opportunities in rural areas.
- The maximum ceiling of subsidy will be Rs. 10 lakh in addition to the interest subsidy in case they avail loans.
- There is a provision of getting subsidy on bank interest by 3% to 5%.
- This scheme will run at the cluster level where all the food processing units or individual players can apply for subsidy online.
- Gram Samridhi Yojana aims to develop modern infrastructure to encourage entrepreneurs to setup food processing units, up-gradation of technology in the already existing unit, improve management of units and to provide technical support.
- It will also focus on providing common facility centers and business incubators in rural areas.
- It will give assistance to the growth of new food businesses, the incubator is going to provide infrastructure and services.
- It will also provide equipment and programs to help businessmen / entrepreneur launching a new product through development, market launch and growth in sales.
How to Apply for Gram Samridhi Yojana
Ministry of Food Processing Industries of India is going to implement Gram Samridhi Yojana 2019. The Government will issue a PDF Notification with the details regarding Online or Offline Registration Process. We expect the notification will be released soon and we will notify you with the application process and other updates regarding the scheme of Gram Samridhi Yojana. World Bank will give Rs 1,500 crore while Rs 1,000 crore will be borne by the center while state governments will put in Rs 500 crore. The scheme will be implemented in Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and Punjab in the initial phase for a five-year period and thereafter it will be replicated in other states.