Khelo India 2020 Youth Games Online Registration Form, Eligibility | Khelo India 2020 Benefits | Khelo India Youth Games Sports List | How to Apply for Khelo India 2020 Youth Games | Selection Criteria for Khelo India Youth Games | Khelo India Youth Games 2020 Schedule and Venue | How to participate in khelo india youth games 2020
Khelo India 2020 Youth Games Online Registration Form is available at nsrs.kheloindia.gov.in. Central government is inviting online applications for participating in various sports, sports list, schedule, venue, last date for registration and other details of Khelo India Youth Games (KIYG) 2020 are discussed in this article. Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports are planning to launch the event in January 2020.
KIYG 2020 is the 3rd edition of Khelo India Programme, as the Khelo India 1st edition and 2nd edition are already launched in 2018 and 2019 respectively. In the 3rd edition of Khelo India School games, central Government has expanded its scope and now participants can compete in various sports. In KIYG 2020 college and university students can also compete in the specified games present in the Khelo India Youth Games List.
Eligibility for Khelo India 2020 Games
- Earlier only the students from schools (i.e. under 17 group) were eligible but to provide opportunity to more athletes, ministry decided to introduce a new category for college students. The age criteria for both is as follows-
- Candidates below the age of 17 years are eligible and can compete in under-17 category.
- Candidates below the age of 21 can compete in under-21 category.
- Applicant should have great interest in sports and must be playing a particular sport.
- Athletes from all the parts of country can register.
Khelo India program is the High-Powered Committee identity the talented players from the country in various sports disciplines at different levels and provide them financial assistance of Rs.5 lakhs per annum for 8 years. With the help of this assistance, players can develop their sports and prepare themselves to represent India at international sports Events. Selected athletes are also provided training at sports academies run by the government. The scheme is not only confined to the selection of players but also to the selection and training to the coaches.
Benefits of Khelo India
- Play field Development
- Support to National/ Regional/ State/ Sports Academics
- Community Coaching Development
- State Level Khelo India Centers
- Physical of school children
- Sports for women
- Annual Sport Competition
- Promotion of sports amongst people with disabilities
- Talent search and development
- Sports for Peace and Development
- Utilization and Creation/ Upgradation of Sports Infrastructure
- Promotion of rural and indigenous/ tribal games
Khelo India 2020 Sports List
These are national level multidisciplinary games which are organised for two categories viz. under-17 school students and under-21 college students. These games are conducted to encourage the youth of India to participate in sports activities. Also on the basis of performance in all the disciplines, the concerned committee select the most talented 1000 players and provide them the financial aid.
- Table Tennis
Two editions have already been completed successfully. The first khelo India games were launched by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 31st January 2018 at Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium, New Delhi. The second edition of KIYG was held at Pune, Maharashtra from 9th January to 20th January 2019. The schedule for third edition i.e. KIYG 2020 will commerce from 18th January 2020 to 30th January 2020.
Khelo India 2020 Funds
State-wise details of funds released under this scheme for the financial year 2018-2019
|State/ Union Territory||Amount (Rs. in Crores)|
|Jammu & Kashmir||15.84|
How to Apply for Khelo India 2020 Youth Games
- To make Online Registration for Khelo India follow the official website link.
- Select the category from the given options as Athlete, Coach, Academy, Technical official, Stakeholder portal or GMS portal.
- Enter your personal information, Education information, Bank information and other details.
- If you are a Athlete who already registered on Khelo India portal then there is no need to register again.
- Login with Username and password.
The telecast of Khelo India Youth Games will be live on Star Sports for 8 hours everyday throughout the games. In past few years India has shown a tremendous growth in the field of sports which shows that India has great potential and future in sports. This potential needs to be showcased at world platform so that these players can demonstrate their true talent and potential to the world.
In this program the selected players are provided annual assistance of Rs.5 lakhs for 8 years so that players can develop their sport skills and prepare them for national events. Khelo India program aims to revive the culture and scope of sports in the country at the grass root level by creating opportunities for potential players and developing a strong framework for all the sports that are played in our country. It is an endeavor of government of India to identify the talented athletes at grass root level and nurture it with the right training.
Selection Criteria for Khelo India Youth Games
Selection of talented athletes is made on the basis of Khelo India Youth Games. The top performers in their priority discipline are selected and provided assistance. However primary selection to play at Khelo India Youth Games is done on the basis of application submitted.
Khelo India Youth Games 2020 Schedule and Venue
Khelo India 2020 Youth Games is a national level competition is going to be organized at Guwahati from 18th January 2020 to 30th January 2020. These games will be organised in partnership with Indian School Games Federation of India (SGFI), Olympic Association (IOA), and Assam as host State. We will inform you the detailed dates of each sports event after the official update and notice from the concerned authorities.
Incoming search terms:
- benefits of enrolling for khelo india
- Khelo India program financial aid