KUSUM Yojana Details Online
KUSUM Yojana refers as Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Uhaan Mahaabhiyan. It is a Scheme launched by central government for the benefit of Farmers of the country. Around 17.5 lakh irrigation pumps that run by diesel will be operated using solar energy in the first phase of the scheme plan. This scheme will provide benefits to double the income of the farmer. Farmers can get free electricity for there irrigation using the solar energy, also a farmer can make additional electricity and send it to the grid and earn some money as it will generate 28 thousand MW of additional power.
Three crore farming pumps will be changed to solar pumps in the next 10 years. An initial budget of Rs 50,000 crore is allocated for the promotion of solar pumps and solar products. The central government will provide 60% of subsidy to a farmer for setting up of pump sets and tube wells on their farmland. The motto of the scheme is to use advanced technology to generate power for farming. These solar pumps will generate double benefits as it will assist farmers in irrigation and will also allow farmers to generate safe energy.
Benefits of KUSUM Yojana
- Farmers can sell the extra power generated to the government which will be the additional income for the farmer.
- An initiative is taken to construct plants which will generate solar power, these plants will have capability of generating a total of 28,250 MW power.
- Through Kusum Yojana farmer will get a huge subsidy on solar powered pumps. The farmers should initiate with only 10 per cent of the total cost for this purpose.
- The central government will be providing 60% of subsidy to every eligible farmer on the total cost and the remaining 30% will be provided as credit by the banks.
- By the usage of solar power and electricity from solar plants there will a reduction of pollution level in the farm.
- Even poor farmers will be able to produce good crops in their fields by irrigation.
- There will be no usage of diesel consumption from which the diesel charges will be saved.
KUSUM Yojana Subsidy for Farmers
The total cost distribution for setting up of pumps and tube-wells is given below. The Kusum yojana makes every farmer feel free to make out from the trap of debt for initiating the solar plants.
- 60% of Subsidy will be provided by the central government.
- Bank will give 30% of total cost as Loan to Farmers
- Farmer should initiate with 10% of the total Cost
How to Apply for Kusum Yojana
- Interested farmer should go to the official portal of Kusum Yojana.
- Fill up the online application form with your details like name, mobile number, e-mail address and the other credentials.
- Also mention the details of your Farmland.
- Upload the required documents and submit the registration form.
- After submitting the application form you can see the text as “Successfully Registered”.KUSUM YOJANA 2019
Those who want to know more details regarding Kusum yojana visit the link here you will get more details in the PDF file.