- Benefits of Swasthya Sathi Scheme
- Who is eligible for Swasthya Sathi Scheme
- Documents Required for WB Swasthya Sathi Scheme
- How to Apply and Register for Swasthya Sathi Scheme
- Hospital Registration and Status Check
- How to check Registered hospitals of Swasthya Sathi Scheme
- Swasthya Sathi Scheme App
- Swasthya Sathi Scheme Helpline and contact details
Swasthya Sathi Scheme is the medical insurance scheme launched in Wes Bengal state. Mamata Banerjee launched the scheme for providing the health insurance benefits to the state and it is similar to the central government’s Ayushman Bharat. The Scheme will have basic health coverage for Secondary and tertiary care up to Rs 1.5 lakhs per annum per family through Insurance Mode and up to 5 Lakhs for certain critical diseases like, cancer, Neuro-surgery, orthopaedic and cardio logical diseases etc through assurance mode. There is no limit on the Family size and parents of both the spouses are included under the scheme also all physically challenged dependent members in the family are also covered.
Swasthya Sathi Scheme covers all pre-existing diseases from the first day of the policy. All the districts of of the state are covered in the scheme. Families of the Self Help Group Members, ICDS Workers & Helpers, ASHA workers, Civic Volunteer Force, Civil defence Volunteers and certain categories of contractual employees included under Swasthya Sathi Scheme. All RSBY beneficiaries and other beneficiaries based on SECC deprivation criteria are also brought under the scheme. Totally 142 lakhs families are eligible under the scheme and more than 1300 Hospitals and Nursing Homes are already registered under the scheme through online portal. Hospitals are graded according to the services available into three categories as. Grade-A , Grade-B and Grade-C hospitals.
Benefits of Swasthya Sathi Scheme
- It provides medical insurance policy that will help the citizens of West Bengal to attain proper treatment, without worrying about the bill.
- Those families who registered under this scheme will get Rs. 5 lakhs for medical requirements on a yearly basis. If the treatment bill is less than or equal to Rs. 1.5 lakhs then the claim will be settled through Insurance Mode.
- Among 45 lakh eligible families are registered under the medical insurance policy. Estimates show that among 2.5 crore individuals will be benefited directly.
- Two established insurance companies IFFCO and TOKYO will operate in 5 districts and the another 18 districts will come under Bajaj Allianz operations.
- Government and private treatment centers are allowed to register and till now 500 treatment centers have been registered under Swasthya Sathi Scheme.
- The Govt want to give the medical facilities which should be familiar to every citizen. As the emergency of the patient cannot be estimated the scheme provides simple, less time consuming and paperless treatment.
- Smart cards will be issued to every beneficiary so that the patient can show the smart card while attaining for the benefits.
- An annual premium payment should be made to keep the insurance scheme active and the amount will be contributed by West Bengal government.
- Beneficiaries will receive all the updates of the scheme rules through SMS alerts. They will also receive SMS if their claims have been settled. Scheme beneficiaries will also get notifications if the smart card gets blocked.
- Patients’ data will be monitored in real time mode through an IT platform. This real-time data monitoring will ensure better implementation of the scheme.
- The insurance companies will settle the medical bills of the Scheme Beneficiary patient within 30 working days.
Who is eligible for Swasthya Sathi Scheme
- Applicant must be a Permanent Resident of West Bengal state.
- The scheme is launched to help those Poor people who cannot pay high medical bills. Individuals registered under BPL category and RSBY are eligible to apply.
- ASHA workers and ICDS project members will also get the free medical treatment through this scheme.
- All the registered self-help groups (SHG) members and their family members are automatically included in Swasthya Sathi Scheme.
- Those people who are associated with the civil defense department and work as a civic volunteer, teacher will also get free treatment.
Documents Required for WB Swasthya Sathi Scheme
- Proof of residence to ensure that the applicant is a resident of the state.
- Aadhaar card as proof of Identification.
- Income certificate as a proof that the applicant is financially weak belonging to BPL category.
- Professional certificate or documents that highlight the department and post of all primary medical support staff as they are included in the Swasthya Sathi Scheme.
How to Apply and Register for Swasthya Sathi Scheme
- Before going to the official portal,An applicant must apply through the government hospital or primary medical centers in the villages.
- Eligible applicants must bring their documents mentioned above for registration.
- A in charge at the centers will make the enrollment process.
- They will check the documents for confirming the eligibility and fill the registration form on behalf of the applicant and they will also collect the biometric details of the applicant.
- After successful registration there will issue the Swasthya Sathi Scheme smart card through the official portal.
- To get the smart card beneficiaries must visit the official portal of WB Swasthya Sathi Scheme.
- Now click on the “Log In” option available on the left side of the page or simply click on the link Swasthya Sathi Scheme Login.
- Enter your user ID and Password in the given fields and click on Login button.
- Now applicant can retrieve the online smart card for the Swasthya Sathi Scheme.
The Applicant can find their name by following the link Name in Swasthya Sathi Data enter mobile number, click on get OTP, Enter the OTP that is sent to your mobile number and click on submit option.
Hospital Registration and Status Check
Government and private treatment centers should apply online to get the registration. Once these medical institutes get the necessary certification, they will be able to serve patients and get the treatment bills from the government. Fill up the Application form and click on “Submit” button.
To check the registration status of the application, the respective hospital should follow the link Check Registration Status , Enter the registered mobile number of the hospital and click on the “Search” button.
How to check Registered hospitals of Swasthya Sathi Scheme
Government of West Bengal also provided the option to check for the list of hospitals available to serve the patient those who had smart card of Swasthya Sathi Scheme. Follow the link Active Hospital List to get the list of hospitals in your district. Select State as West Bengal, Select district, Select hospital type as public or private and click on submit button.
Swasthya Sathi Scheme App
Swasthya Sathi App was launched by the government of West Bengal to help the beneficiaries to get the information of scheme updates. We can also access the medical insurance smart card from this app. The app is available for free on the Google Play Store to get it click on the link Swasthya Sathi Scheme App. After installing the application into your mobile device, the user must register with the phone number and other details to activate it.
Swasthya Sathi Scheme Helpline and contact details
For successful implementation of the scheme the West Bengal Government had released a 24X7 Helpline number 1800-345-5384 which is a toll free customer care number where you can get answers to your queries related to Swasthya Sathi Scheme. The Contact Details of Officers in State Nodal Agency can be checked by following the link. As the medical facility is very important issue of the state, the government had provided many options to reach to get the Scheme benefits.
Incoming search terms:
- how much contributed on by pass sergery on sayastha sathi card